Friday, May 6, 2011

Ninja's Don't Get Sick...Do They?

6 months + 3 weeks as Mrs. Ninja and I'm sick.  Not just any old kind of sick either.  According to the doc, I'm on the border of pneumonia and an ear infection!! WHAT?!?!

So no shit, there I was, all snotty nosed on my way back from the Safeway with my 2 giant boxes of Kleenex and my 2 small yet expensive baggies of cough drops when I'm at the stop light (Mr. Ninja does have to work sometimes) and the 50-something in the lane next to me starts honking.  At first I think to my self that these idiots are stopped at a green light, but to my surprise, the light is still RED.  He's still honking.  I turn to my right and glare at him through my dark dark stunna shades.  He's leaning out his window trying to get me to roll my passenger window down. No music is playing in my truck but I can hear "Scrub" by TLC.  Am I really this sick?  So I crack the window cause my mother taught me not to talk to strangers...conversation follows...

SCRUB: <waving finger> Spoken for?
MRS. NINJA: <congested/smoker voice> What?!?!
SCRUB: Are you spoken for?
MRS. NINJA: <shocked/confused>
SCRUB: You know, are you single? Available? Taken?
MRS. NINJA: <waves left hand ring finger @ scrub> I'm married!!
SCRUB:  Ok well I thought you looked nice! 
MRS. NINJA: Thank you! Have a nice day!! <drives away>

In all seriousness, I get hit on at a stop light while I'm sick with pneumonia?!?! What is this world coming to?  It's either old dudes or high schoolers...seriously.  Thank goodness I have Mr. Ninja!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment