Friday, May 20, 2011

Do Ninjas Skate?

There we are, ride-sharing to work on this fine Friday, and what do we come upon at a red light?  THIS:



















What is it, you might ask?  Well, I cannot confidently tell you but I do have my suspicions. It appears to be a 3-wheeled gas and/or propane vehicle shaped like a dragonfly with NOS under the seats.  Now...I cannot fully attribute this to MP's (although I fully believe that the driver and his passenger are) but to Burning Man annual attendees.  What does this have to do with skating, you wonder?  Yes...I'll get to that.

You see, I have confirmed that this is a Burning Man vehicle ("license plates" - aka stickers - from the event can be found on the vehicle itself) but Burning Man is not until later this year and the motor-home towing this creation was heading the wrong direction: west.  So where could the proud owners of such a creation be headed?  I did a little research and found out that there is a Burning Man fundraising event tonight in San Francisco.  Smart hippies, they got on the road early - I imagine that it could be difficult to find a parking spot for the dragonfly mobile...

Tonight's Burning Man event is a "Fur Party" Roller Disco to fund raise for the 2011 roller rink.  I don't know if you remember your youth as clearly as I remember mine, but fur+disco+roller skates sounds like a sweaty, itchy event to me!  I can still smell the soda-soaked midnight blue carpet with red and gold flake accents.  The thought of putting on a pair of skates that hundreds (thousands?!?!) of children and/or adults have worn and may or may not have been "sprayed" (according to the pimple-faced high-schooler behind the counter) GROSSES ME OUT.  Who could forget about the black light every roller rink always had?  That's why all the girls wore something with white on it! 

Mr. Ninja and I have other plans for this evening but what I want to know is if Ninjas roller skate (or roller blade)?  I have seen Mr. Ninja's ice skating skills but not roller skating skills.  So...do Ninjas roller skate?

No comments:

Post a Comment